Euro-TM: Transactional Memories: Foundations, Algorithms, Tools, and Applications.
- Title: Euro-TM: Transactional Memories: Foundations, Algorithms, Tools, and Applications.
- Financing: COST European Cooperation in Science and Technology ACTION, ICT Action IC1001
- Coordination: Paolo Romano
- Page: http://www.eurotm.org/
- Description:Parallel programming (PP) used to be an area once confined to a few niches, such as scientific and high-performance computing applications. However, with the proliferation of multicore processors, and the emergence of new, inherently parallel and distributed deployment platforms, such as those provided by cloud computing, parallel programming has definitely become a mainstream concern. Transactional Memories (TMs) answer the need to find a better programming model for PP, capable of boosting developers' productivity and allowing ordinary programmers to unleash the power of parallel and distributed architectures avoiding the pitfalls of manual, lock based synchronization. It is therefore no surprise that TM has been subject to intense research in the last years. This Cost Action aims at consolidating European research on this important field, by coordinating the European research groups working on the development of complementary, interdisciplinary aspects of Transactional Memories, including theoretical foundations, algorithms, hardware and operating system support, language integration and development tools, and applications.